Black Sea Earthquake Safety Net(work) – ESNET Project
IBC Contributes to the Prevention of Natural Disasters and Regional Disaster Risk Mitigation in Black Sea Basin
ESNET Project Book is Published with Index ISBN 978-606-528-193-6
ESNET Project is implemented with the objective of to contribute to the prevention of natural disasters generated by earthquakes in Black Sea Basin by developing a joint monitoring and intervention concept.
The instruments and tools that are developed within the project are consequently used by all the regions involved in a joint concept of prevention and reaction to disasters in the Black Sea Basin Area. The country assessment reports and alignment plans that developed within ESNET Project in mainly Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria and Republic of Moldova briefed and ESNET Project Book was published through all these technical studies, data and findings.
The authors of the book from four countries, from six Institutions that involved to the project are:
Turkey Dr.Dogan Kalafat5, Prof.Dr.Ali Pinar5, Assoc.Dr. Eren Uckan5 , Assoc. Dr. Asli Dogru5, Dr. Can Zulfikar5, Dr. Hakan Alcik5, Dr. Aysegul Koseoglu4, M.Sc. Ozge Zulfikar5, M.Sc. Zeynep Coskun5, Assistant Prof.Dr. Burhan Kubilay Kaptan6, Nalan Uker4
Bulgaria Ing. Dipl. Metodi Metodiev3, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Stela Simeonova3, Prof. DSc. Dimcho Solakov3 (BAS NIGG)
Romania Drd. Ing. Mihai Diaconescu1, Dr. Carmen O. Cioflan1, Dr. Ing. Dragos Tataru1.
Republic of Moldova Dr. Hab.Vasile Alcaz2, Ion Ilies2, Eugen Isicico2
1. National Institute for Earth Physics Magurele, Romania (INCDFP)
2. Moldova Cumhuriyeti Bilim Akademisi Jeofizik Enstitusu (IGS)
3. National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Georaphy, Bulgarian Academi of Science (BAS NIGGG)
4. Turkey, International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation (IBC)
5. Turkey, Bogazici University Kandilli Observatory Earthqake Research Instituion (KOERI)
6. Turkey, Disaster Education, Application and Research Center (AFAM)
The book can be provided from IBC Head Quater Office.
For more information Nalan Uker – Program Director
+90 216 464 6881