Improving local application capacities by innovative techniques and alternative models to sustain 'High Secure Küçükçekmece' project which funded by Istanbul Development Agency and applied by the IBC. Project dated to run for 12 months, project will be completed in August 2015. (TR10/14/AFK/001 2014)
Project aiming to increase, associated occupational clusters and NGO’s capacity to implementing sustainable risk mitigation systems for disaster management at Küçükçekmece.
Improving local application capacities by innovative techniques and alternative models to sustain 'High Secure Küçükçekmece' projects main goals are listed on the below;
• With collaboration with Küçükçekmece Municipality and local administrations, NGO’s, project addressing engineers architects, city planners on the purpose of ‘disaster risk mitigation’ for increasing their capacity for risk quantification models.
• Project team developed software to be used by public works & urban development department, general directorate of planning and settlement, civil engineers, and other related working groups. Developed software works supportively with other quantification models for disaster management. Moreover this software enables civil people to measure their home/work place risks for precautionary warning.
• Establishing mobile education vehicles (mobile disaster education truck/) for capacity building at local application capacities by innovative alternative techniques and alternative models to develop precautionary for disaster.
Activities undertaken during project
• "K70 Rapid Screening" software developed and applied. K70 software predicts ferroconcrete based buildings deconditioning after disaster. Software developed and coded by project team within the scope of the project. Its developed with Microsoft C Sharp(C#) software language. Software empowered with extensive control hash algorithm. Moreover outputs that generated by the software stored at database where data can be controlled and reported. Software analyzes inspected buildings ground conditions and buildings construction of the building. Software developed as very user-friendly.
• Technical project team applied K70 software to 11 different neighborhood and 80 building.( Mehmet Akif, Gültepe, İnönü, Halkalı, Kanarya, Teyfikbey, Cennet, Yeşilova, Cumhuriyet, Fatih ve Atatürk) Buildings that inspected by the software, ranked and reported according to K ranking. During the field work, project team work in cooperation with Küçükçekmece Municipality, general directorate of planning and settlement and local authorities.
• K70 Buildings under risk vocational assessment for capacity building education held between 27th-28th November 2014.
• K70 Implementations pivotal group education held 14th April 2015.
• Capacity building education for people with disabilities disadvantages held between 28th – 29th April 2015.
Nalan Üker – Project Coordinator
Asst. Prof. Kubilay Kaptan – Project supervisor
Eng. Onur Yılmaz – Project IT expert
Eng. Uygar Üker – Project technical advisor
Sos. Gökhan Mısırlıoğlu – Social research expert.